Advertisement

Advice: Which laptop? (Money is not an issue)

Started by August 16, 2007 04:04 PM
11 comments, last by smitty1276 17 years, 1 month ago
i have some money issue :D
can u help me :D
Quote: Original post by SiCrane
The cost is due to a number of factors. Falcon Northwest custom builds each computer; they don't assembly line manufacture. They also reportedly have stringent parts quality requirements and handle tech support in-house (not outsourced). They also offer a 100% pixel perfect guarantee on the laptop screens. And of course, there's the paint jobs. These machines are seriously gorgeous in a way that is really hard to see in pictures online, but come out in real life. Especially if you go for one of the custom paints. (Well, not the stock FragBox which is just an ugly logo.)

But again, this is where I'd go if money was no object.

They don't custom build the computer. They buy whitebooks from Clevo and Compal and throw in the ram, CPU and hdd. Then they paint em real pretty and then mark them up over 100% just like all the other expensive laptop shops, voodoopc, abs etc. Their Fragbook DR 6800 is a Clevo D900K that you can buy at a site like R&JTech and add your own memory/cpu/hdd to save a lot of money, or if you want the paint job. XoticPC.com

You should checkout NotebookReview.com to find out what those places are really selling.

Compal Notebooks
Clevo Notebooks
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by CoRe_eYe
i have some money issue :D
can u help me :D

I wish it was my money. ;-) It's for work. If I leave the job, I leave the laptop.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement